Sunday, October 12, 2008

Blog Topic for the Week of October 9

My favorite piece of literature that we have read this semester was The Rudy Elmenhurst story. This was my favorite because of the major culture differences that play out throughout the story. I can truly relate to this story because I went through a culture shock when I arrived at Clemson as a freshman. I also liked the ending of the story where Yolanda has adjusted to the American culture and turns Rudy down because of her morals.

My least favorite piece of literature was the short story snow. This was my least favorite because the plot never climaxed. There were no lessons to be learned and the story just kind of ended. I feel that boy’s car should have slipped into the ice while he was showing off or “snowing” as he called it.

No comments: